General Fiction posted February 28, 2023 Chapters: 1 2 -3- 4... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Rescuing A Senior Citizen

A chapter in the book Dribbles And Drabbles

Geriatric

by Brett Matthew West


The senior citizen shuddered every time rain pellets struck his exposed skin. The bridge's overhang provided small covering from the vicious monsoon.

His gnarled and sore fingers tugged his tattered coat closer to his torso. Like the garment he wore, the old man's life hung by a threadbare balance. Death would be a welcomed relief.

Closing his eyes, he shivered from the frigidity and feared he'd find no warmth tonight.

From nowhere, a voice called above the shoddy shelter.

He opened his eyes and cried.

The outreach group worker climbed the steep, precipitous, hill. Soon, he rescued the ancient geriatric.




On the dark side of life, by cleo85, selected to complement my Flash Fiction piece.

Should you wonder, the picture is not me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.