General Fiction posted November 30, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Payback in Technicolor: Be careful what you ask for

Neighborly Revenge

by Elizabeth Emerald


Whilst walking downtown yesterday, I came upon a landmark that is variously referred to as the "Gingerbread House," the "Candy Land House," and the "Fairy Tale House."

The house is electric lavender. The trim is bubble-gum pink. The accents are robin's egg blue and egg-yolk yellow. In the front yard sits a larger-than-life-sized rocking chair painted to match the house.

Here's the story I was told:

Once upon a time, there was a cluster of cookie-cutter, ivory-to-cream, black-shuttered, colonial-style houses, wherein resided responsible adults who kept their property in good repair. Alas, one member of this esteemed population died, and an irresponsible adult inherited the house. With every passing year, the paint chipped and peeled more and more, until at last, the neighbors marched en masse to city hall to file a complaint. 

When the negligent neighbor was informed of the complaint, he responded:


I'll be more than happy to paint my house.

* * * * * *

And so they lived, garishly-ever-after.

 



Recognized


Rainbow Dragons by MoonWillow on FanArtReview.com THANK YOU!



https://www.crispedge.com/faq/what-is-the-color-of-electric-lavender

http://www.arteqo.com/en/guide/color/electric-lavender/
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MoonWillow at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.