General Non-Fiction posted October 6, 2021 Chapters:  ...8 9 -10- 11... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I think it's ESP

A chapter in the book Cat Tales

He KNOWS!

by damommy


 












As you may remember, PC has to get an antibiotic shot every two weeks because he’s very prone to bladder infections.  At thirteen years of age, I want to do everything possible to keep him healthy and with me as long as possible.
 
The problem is, he’s too smart for me.  He knows when it’s time to go, no matter what I do.  It’s getting trickier every time to catch him.
 
The carrier’s not the problem.  It’s a lovely carrier, mesh on three sides, and plenty of room.  He’s not bothered by the carrier itself.  He’s bothered because he knows he going for a shot. 
 
Now, I’ve given them to him at home many times, and it doesn’t hurt a bit.  Just a momentary sting.  At the vet’s, he doesn’t even flinch.  But at home, you’d think I was trying to put him in an Iron Maiden.  He doesn’t scratch or bite, he simply wiggles away!  He’s very agile.
 
Now here’s where communication comes in.  Before I even open my eyes on the morning of, he KNOWS!  I get up and do everything I normally do, nothing different.  But he KNOWS!  I have to believe it’s ESP.  I can’t get near him from the first moment we’re awake.  He’s normally like a furry magnet, always stuck right on me. 
 
I’ve changed days, I’ve changed times, nothing works.  He KNOWS! 
 
While driving on our last trip, I took a great deal of time explaining to him why I take him every two weeks, how important it is to keep him healthy, and that I do it because I love him so much.  He kept his back to me the whole time I was talking.  When I finally said (don’t ask me why), “Do you understand me at all?,” he suddenly turned around and spoke.  That made me think he really did understand.
 
My theory is that, even though they can’t speak our language, they do pick up on it and learn what we’re saying.  I have no doubt at all that my cats understand when I speak to them.  They always respond in the correct way.
 
I don’t dare say the words vet, shot, or anything close to that.  He KNOWS!

 



Recognized


He's an amazing cat. There are so many ways he shows his intelligence.

I've given injections at home to many cats over the years, and none of them minded. It's not that I'm hurting him.

Club entry for the "Communication" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.