Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted September 25, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Trimeric

We the People

by damommy


It’s time for us to make a stand
against the hogwash news we’re fed.
Majority no longer rules,
we’re prey to anarchy and fear.
 
Against the hogwash news we’re fed,
we must be careful where we’re led,
‘cause wickedness has shown its head.
 
Majority no longer rules,
and we allow it, turned to fools,
now propaganda in our schools.
 
We’re prey to anarchy and fear,
attacking all that we hold dear.
Our leadership is cavalier.

 



Poem of the Month contest entry

Recognized


Cavalier - given to haughty disregard of others; showing a lack of proper concern; offhand.

Trimeric is 13 lines long. Trimeric tri-(meh)-rik n: a four stanza poem in which the first stanza has four lines and the last three stanzas have three lines each, with the first line of each repeating the respective line of the first stanza.
The sequence of lines, then, is abcd, b---, c---, d---.
There is no line length, meter, or rhyme requirement or prohibition.


There is no rhyme pattern required, but you may use rhyme if you wish. The first four lines set up the poem. Then, when you arrive at line 5, line 2 is repeated. At line 8, line 3 is repeated. Line 11, line 4 is repeated. Four stanzas.



Club entry for the "Trimeric ~ week of 9-24-2021" event in "Put Pen To Paper Potlatch Poetry Club".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.