General Fiction posted September 6, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Solicitation for a ''hit'' with a TWIST

Confession of a Wannabe Divorcee

by Elizabeth Emerald


I made the first marital mistake on July 8, 1979, a date that shall live in infamy. It took me 17 days to realize the error, and 17 years to rectify it.

In the miserable meanwhile, I fantasized about how to divest myself of Dick, who spurned my continual pleas to divorce, on the spurious grounds that he loved me.

His actions did not comport with his purported feelings.

Seeing no other way out, I came up with a plan to get rid of him.

I approached a friend who had contacts in "the business"; she gave me phone numbers of four associates, desperate for money, who might take on the job.

I met, surreptitiously, with the first on the list and laid out my case. In the event my prospect would have a twinge of conscience, I sought to justify my position, lest I come across as heartless. I gave explicit examples of how Dick's rudeness, intolerance, and foul language alienated friends to the point that they repeatedly refused my invitations; even Dick's own family couldn't stand him.

The first person declined my proposal forthwith. 

I went through my spiel with the other three; one by one, they bowed out.

Each of them gave the same reason. Though they were all aspiring actresses, they felt their talent was not at a level that they could pretend to fall in love with Dick long enough for him to return the favor and thus grant me a divorce. 








 



Recognized

#27
September
2021


When Dreams Go Up In Flames by seshadri_sreenivasan on FanArt THANK YOU!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by seshadri_sreenivasan at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.