Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted June 18, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Battling the Bureaucracy: Coming full circle to nowhere

Ask a simple question ....

by Elizabeth Emerald



Because I have minimal income, the State of Massachusetts has been paying for my health care for the past twelve years, and will continue to do so for the rest of my life.

Because I have significant assets (assuming my money pit doesn't swallow them and subsequently implode) the State of Massachusetts is entitled to seek reimbursement from my estate.

I have no clue as to how much the state has shelled out in my behalf to date, nor what they continue to pay per month for my insurance plan.

Lest my kids be blind$$$ided when I croak, I figured I should get a heads-up on my tab.

As I write, I've been on the phone with MassHealth for two hours and fifteen minutes (assume another twenty minutes, after which I'll toss the phone into the toilet).

Summary of the "conversation":

please hold ... your estimated wait time is ten minutes ...[twenty-five minutes later]  this is customer service; I'll connect you to billing [line goes dead, redial, press option 3 for billing)]... this is billing; I'll have to transfer you to eligibility ...  [disconnected; call main number, navigate main menu, etc. etc.] ... this is eligibility; you need to ask customer service ... [take it from the top, rererepeat] ...

Time's up; phone's flushed.

Uh-oh.

How do I reach the plumber?


 



Recognized


Helza Blaze by MoonWillow on FanArtReview.com THANK YOU!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MoonWillow at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.