General Non-Fiction posted May 23, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
True story

My Hero

by damommy

Story of the Month Contest Winner 

 
As many of you already know, my youngest son, Stewart, is a paramedic.  I just found out about some amazing things he’s recently done, and I wanted to share them with you.
 
One call he made was for a man who’d had a heart attack and coded (died).  Stewart was able to resuscitate him on the scene, get him to the hospital in time, and soon the man went home.  A few days later, at the same time of day as the first call, the same man had another heart attack and died, and again, Stewart was able to resuscitate him on the scene, get him to the hospital in time, and the man returned home and is doing just fine.
 
Stewart is also being recognized for his surgical cricothyrotomy in the field, the first ever MEMS, the emergency service he works for.  Normally, this is done by inserting something to get air to the patient, but this time, it required a surgical incision into the patient’s airway.  This had never been done before by a paramedic, in the field, for MEMS, which is the largest EMS provider in the state of Arkansas.
 
The other thing I wanted to share is that he will receive an award for the fastest response time for a stroke victim.  His call directly to the hospital to alert the team they were coming and what was needed was record time for the hospital, CHI St. Vincent's Health Systems. 
 
I am so proud of him, I could burst, and I wanted to share with you, my FanStory friends. 

 



Story of the Month
Contest Winner

Recognized

#3
May
2021


Thank you for reading this.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.