Spiritual Non-Fiction posted January 18, 2021


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Timely Word

Fear Not

by Sally Law


Right now, I don't know anyone that isn't afraid of something.

To be honest, I don't remember the world being so paralyzed with fear as it is right now.

I've lived through the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Vietnam War-era, Civil Rights March, the 1968 Supreme Court order to disassemble segregated schools, multiple assassinations--and more; all framed within my own personal losses, gains, and tragedies.

My dad lived on the streets of Atlanta for ten years, homeless, finally succumbing to his alcoholism in 1975. My mother lived into her eighties, but died suddenly from an aggressive metastatic cancer in 2002. Four of my five brothers are gone.

I had a miscarriage in 1978 after falling on ice; and lost a granddaughter to birth trauma. Over the years, I've had a vast turnover of friends, hurtful betrayals, and the loss of fortune. 

My current loss is my eyesight. It's like losing a limb. I fear losing the scant amount I have remaining. My retina specialist says it could go either way. 

On the national front, I fear this new administration, and what they stand for. I already see our liberties disappearing. Daily, threats are uttered by politicians and the elites who can get away with it. The promised changes and legislations look more like retribution, and punishment to us all. 

Meantime, we've lost freedom of speech, and the freedom of an honest vote for all citizens. This happened, it's real. I find all of it, very distressing.

Understand, I'm not just talking about what happened at the Capitol, per se, but the culture of hate that's been brewing in our government for a very long time. 

A choice few have captured the narrative, and it's their way... or else. There's a word for this, and it's just the opposite of freedom. I fear this "controller of the narrative." (He has a long tail and a pitch fork.)

If we don't have freedom of speech, or the freedom to vote knowing our votes and voice is heard, what do we have? Our constitution, if not guarded and upheld, becomes a worthless parchment.

One of my worst fears is Communism.

Communism doesn't allow for free speech, truth in the press, human rights, or a fair election. The power of the false narrative has taken its toll in these areas, and we are being led down the path to straight-up Communism. The Fourth Estate should have prevented this; but the press, by and large, has given itself up to the false narrative. This is a great travesty in a nation that claims to be free. 

Add, we have a pandemic, which has and will be used to control us even further. Masks forever, that's the best they've got? Communism is all about control. It's murderous, oppressive, and makes life miserable. 

Then, I read the word of God, and it tells me to fear not. Not ever, not for any reason. 

Fear not the one who is able to kill the body, but have a (holy) fear of the One who can kill both body and soul in hell.

Fear not, for nothing will ever seperate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

"Fear not," Jesus said, "for I will come again and take you to myself."

Fear not!

"For the Lord is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?" {Psalm 27:1}

Jesus was born during a terrible time. Herod the Great was an evil king; executing many close to him, including one of his wives, Mariamne; 
and his oldest son, Antipater. 

King Herod caught wind of another King; a recently birthed King. Wise men from the east came searching for this toddler in order to worship Him. The caravan was laden with expensive gifts, far greater than we can imagine today.

The Eastern kings paid homage; then left a different way, providing no information to Herod. An angel came to Joseph in a dream, telling him to flee with Mary and Jesus to Egypt. After that, the madman ordered that every male child under two years of age be killed. A time of "Rachel's bitter weeping," says the book of Matthew.

Yet, our Lord lived in those times... a culture so very dark and under oppressive Roman rule.

Jesus was a light for the world then, and He is now.

The word became flesh and dwelt among us. Jesus, the Christ, the man of peace; reconciling the world to the Heavenly Father by His birth, life, death, and resurrection. 

Today, I have remembered these truths and returned to them. My hope for peace of heart and mind, is in Jesus Christ alone. The world cannot offer this peace. They're all in a panic, and they think we don't notice. But like you and me, they need the peace I'm speaking of. 

Real peace is just the opposite of fear, and it's there for the asking.

Fear not! 



Story of the Month contest entry

Recognized

#4
January
2021


I have remembered the above verses from the scriptures, putting them to memory. I have memorized large portions of scripture since I was a teenager. It's wonderful, and feeds my soul, reminding me of the peace I have in Christ. I thought I would share a few today.



https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/american-actress-vera-miles-stars-as-lila-crane-in-the-news-photo/74391581@gettyimages.com

Club entry for the "Plans for the New Year" event in "God in Your Life".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sally Law All rights reserved.
Sally Law has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.