Humor Flash Fiction posted December 12, 2020


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Sacrilege versus Sense of Humor

Offense in a FLASH

by Elizabeth Emerald


My friend Scott, aka "Vacuum Cleaner Go-to Guy," owns a repair shop on the corner of a prominent intersection. A devout Christian, Scott erects each year an elaborate life-sized manger scene, much admired by customers and passers-by.

This season, in dubious homage to the reign of Coronaphobia, Scott embellished the ensemble with masks. The whimsical touch was intended to evoke wry smiles in acknowledgment of our community's demoralizing mask mandate.

Reviews have been mixed. Six stars from me. A few high fives. On the flip side,
a woman phoned to chide him for making mockery of the Lord; two men stormed into the yard and excoriated Scott for sacrilege. 

Over my objections, Scott's resigned himself to removing the masks to pacify the pious.

We came to a compromise.

As a nod to those who appreciate his quirky sense of humor, Scott will keep one of the party masked: the jackass.

 



Recognized


What's With the Masks? by MoonWillow on FanArtReview.com THANK YOU!


FLASHing solo (sans contest) at 150 words.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MoonWillow at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.