Commentary and Philosophy Fiction posted May 4, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Election of '24

Sickening Feeling on Steroids?

by Mike Stevens

 Let's talk about having a feeling of dread you can't shake. As I listen to The Golden Shower Don spew vitriol about his plans when he becomes President again, my immediate thought is the guy's so deluded himself he actually expects to win. Then, that old sick feeling 2X4's me in the head; he knows something we don't. I remember in 2016 being sure that with his every utterance he was digging his political grave. The things he said should have been the end of his chances but election day came and the realization that he would be our next President is a feeling of despair I'll never forget, and a feeling I never want to experience again. 
 
This time around that sick feeling I had in 2016 will be nothing, comparatively. We survived the worst four years ever endured by America and of the worst President I've ever seen, by far, and it's not even close. Now that America's lived through his horror show, to willingly vote for such a morally-bankrupt disgrace of a human being is a choice we can't chalk up to, "well, we just didn't know." We not only know now, we would be endorsing his outlook on society. 
 
I've screamed this warning before, over and over as all of you within the sound of my writing know all-too-well, but I can't help it. He's beyond the worst human being I've ever had the misfortune of knowing, he's the first politician I've ever seen, and by a long ways, who has no redeeming qualities, none. I've abhorred the politics of many, but in the end I truly believe they they thought they were steering the correct course for America. But its not just his politics, it's him, personally.
 
The coming election will determine the fate of America. Are we going to stay a flawed but basically well-meaning  beacon of light in the darkness, or become the darkness itself?


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike Stevens All rights reserved.
Mike Stevens has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.