General Script posted May 4, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a script

Unliving Room

by Bill Schott

Characters
 
Arthur Author = composing a story
Nick Victim = first furniture food
Nancy Chancey = second seat eatee
Dr. Davenport = creature couch
 
The scene opens on a man in profile, sitting at a dining room table with a computer on in front of him. In the foreground are three pieces of furniture: a davenport, an ottoman,  and a recliner. They are actually fiends from Frump 6, an invading world. The davenport cushions rose slightly as a tongue smacked from beneath them. There is a doorbell sound.
 
Dr Davenport: Arthur, I believe there is someone at the door. Please let it in. 
 
Rising from his seat, Arthur walks to stage right and opens the door. 
 
Nick: Maj Po, Earther!  (Good morning in Klingon)
 
Arthur: Is that Klingon?
 
Nick: tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh'a'? (Do you speak Klingon?)
 
Dr Davenport: No, he does not, but I speak in tongues.
 
A huge tongue darts from the couch mouth and wraps around Nick. He is dragged across the floor screaming and babbling undiscernably.
 
Arthur closes the door.
 
Arthur: Lup DujHomwIj luteb gharghmey. (My hover craft is full of eels.)
 
Nick has been eaten by the couch, which eventually burps. With that the ottoman aligns perpendicularly to the davenport and begins receiving regurgitated Nick Victim.
 
The doorbell rings again. Arthur answers to find Nancy Chancey standing there with a robe on and sporting crutches.
 
Nancy Chancey: Hiya, Arty! Got room for a survivor.
 
Arthur: It is a bad day to visit, Nancy.
 
Nancy Chancey: It's a worse day to roll your car in the Sears parking lot.
 
Arthur: Sears is closed.
 
Nancy Chancey: They left their parking lot open. It is an atractive nuissance, according to my lawyer. Let me sit in your recliner.
 
Nancy skips over to the chair, carrying the crutches, and plops down.  The Recliner immediately falls open and the woman disappears within it. The chair reverts back to its original postion.
 
Dr Davenport: The recliner is another attractive nuissance. 
 
Arthur returns to the table and resumes typing. 
 
Arthur: (thinking out loud) Ideas were slim, and his dead line was approaching. Hopefully, there would be no more disturbances. 
 
 
End of scene.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




Image from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.