FanStory.com - Life's Directionby DragonSkulls
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Surprise Me Story Contest Entry
Life's Direction by DragonSkulls
Surprise Me writing prompt entry


My life was on the wrong path. I clearly knew it but stubbornly chose to ignore the warnings. I was well aware of my own evils of injustice. I could have turned my life around but simply did not care about the consequences. My goal was in sight and nothing was going to deter me from reaching my destination. I blatantly disregarded the woeful feelings of others. Behind their masks I could see the obvious discontent and disgust in their beady eyes. Undeniable hatred exuded from their auras.

Should laws I bend deserve to be under such scrutiny? I have purposely chosen my own direction. Some cast their judgement in open disapproval though it's boldly ignored. What avenues I determine to descend are of my own choosing. Should my wayward course cause you grief, I will wallow within my indifference and with little remorse maintain my rights to free will, be it right or wrong.

I continued on my path until I was confronted by a six ft. four Walmart employee who said, "You know you're going the wrong way on a one-way aisle, right?"

I dropped my head in shame and pathetically muttered "Yeah, I know," and turned my cart around.






 


Writing Prompt
This is a flash fiction contest. Write a story that has a surprise ending. Since it is flash, the word count must be between 200 and 600 words. The ending can be funny, sad, shocking, etc. But the reader has to be surprised.

     

© Copyright 2024. DragonSkulls All rights reserved.
DragonSkulls has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement