FanStory.com - HeadShot Kills Assistant Mayorby Mia Twysted
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Festivities brought to a halt by unexpected tragic events.
Psych Out News
: HeadShot Kills Assistant Mayor by Mia Twysted

Background
A collection of funny, outrageous, and at times impossible events in our history that may or may not have made the news.

Assistant Mayor Garret Cantu was shot and killed yesterday on the fairground during the local Burger Flipping Competition.

A judge at the annual event, Assistant Mayor Cantu, was standing directly in front of contestant Bryan Mannor. During a heat challenge, Mannor's firearm discharged a bullet he unknowingly left in the chamber. The shot hit Assistant Mayer Cantu dead between the eyes, killing him on impact. Mannor finished his flip before he even knew what had occurred. This was the fifth time the Assistant Mayor judged the contest after winning it himself back in 2001.

"The contest has been a tradition in this town for almost 100 years." Mayer Gabrielle Reyes said. When questioned about the use of firearms in the contest, she replied, "Our ancestors thrived on challenges. As such, they upped the stakes every few years to keep it interesting. It just so happens that we, every so often, do the same."

Guns were introduced into the competition just three short years ago. Contestants use an assortment of pieces. Manner's was wielding a modified semiautomatic pistol the time this tragic accident occurred.

Mannor refused an interview saying he was "still getting a grasp on the situation, but his deepest regrets went out to the family."

Retired physicist and fellow judge, Rosalinda Heath, 57, said, "Cantue was a man of extreme vision and greatly cared for this town. He will be missed." Heath further added, "it's horrible for all parties involved. In the end, Bryan Mannor's flip was perfect, but now it's forever tainted."

Spectator and future competitor, 13-year-old, Martin Burks said, "it all happened so fast. There was a loud bang, and then Mr. Cantu bobbled back a bit. Then someone screamed, and my mother covered my eyes and dragged me to the car."

As for the contest, it will still kick off next year as Mayor Reyes insured the public saying, "New safety procedures will be put into effect."She believes Assistant Mayor Cantu would have wanted it that way.

The assistant mayor's family will be holding private services at their family cemetery on Friday.

     

© Copyright 2024. Mia Twysted All rights reserved.
Mia Twysted has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement