FanStory.com - Aaaaah... A Magical Childhoodby Y. M. Roger
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Where play time isn't always just soccer and hide-n-seek...
Aaaaah... A Magical Childhood by Y. M. Roger
200 Word Story writing prompt entry

“Where were you?”
 
I tried keeping a straight face.
 
“Just ‘cross the street with PC.”
 
It moved inside my shirt, but I kept walking.
 
“Good. I’m glad you and the prince are getting along. They’re an odd bunch, but I knew you boys would be fine. Do they wear their crowns everywhere?”
 
I stopped short in my trek upstairs, and it wriggled some more. I was just thankful I had tucked in my shirt.
 
“Uh, yeah. Matches their robes, I guess.”  I answered her, but I didn’t turn around. “Just glad you and dad dress normal.”
 
Mom walked to the bottom of the stairs. I didn’t need to see her wings flutter with her frown and her hands on her hips because I heard them in her voice.
 
“Merlin Michael Fae.”  Yep, she full-named me. “What are you up to?”
 
“Uh, nuthin’.”
 
Ri-i-i-i-biiit!
 
Mom appeared beside me before I could say anything, reached down my shirt, and extracted the bullfrog, holding it toward me.
 
“Is this Charming, Merlin?”
 
“Yeah, it’s PC, Mom, but I can fix this!”
 
She took the frog and headed downstairs.
 
 “Mom! Where you going?”
 
“To call Princess' mom to bring her over here to fix this!”

 


Writing Prompt
Write a story of 200 words. not including the title. Any subject accepted. Must be exactly 200 words.

Author Notes
Exactly 200 words according to MSWord. ;0)

Image of 'green frog with gold-colored crown' from www.pickpik.com

     

© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement