FanStory.com - Cancer Survivorby Raul1
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
My experience from colon cancer and how I overcame it.
Cancer Survivor by Raul1
I Remember writing prompt entry

I remember back in the 90's, that I was diagnosed with colon cancer, but thank God that is in the past. Before, my stomach used to hurt so much. I kept complaining to my parents to get me help. It felt like I had knives inside my colon. I couldn't withstand the pain.

We went to lots of doctors to find out what was wrong with me. Once they checked up on me they all told me that I have nothing wrong. They all said that I was healthy. It didn't feel like it at that time. A few months have passed. Finally, we went on a check-up and the doctor found my disease.

They told my mom that I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I was quickly rushed to the hospital for surgery. Hours later the surgery became successful. They took out my colon cancer. The physicians took me to a hospital room, so I could recuperate.

Lots of my families and friends came to visit me. In this time I had no clue of what serious disease I had, or that I could have died. I now understand why they never told me, because I would have freaked out about it. The days have passed when I was practicing in the hospital on how to walk again. It wasn't easy.

Several weeks later, I got out of the hospital and my parents took me back home to recuperate. It wasn't a few weeks after that I became healthy, then I received one year of chemotherapy. I am free from the pain. I am happy. Now I am a cancer survivor.


Writing Prompt
Begin your non-fiction autobiographical story or poem with the words 'I remember...' Complete the sentence conveying a moment, an object, a feeling, etc. This does not have to be a profound memory, but should allow readers insight into your feelings, observations and/or thoughts. Use at least 100, but not more than 1,000 words. The count should be stated in your author notes.

Author Notes
276 words

     

© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement