FanStory.com - The Legacy He Leavesby Y. M. Roger
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Your impact is inevitable, Dad...make sure yours is positive
The Legacy He Leaves by Y. M. Roger
100 Word Story writing prompt entry

Light rock music. Of course they'd play light rock music. And I’d swear it was the same namby-pamby band he’d listened to forever behind his locked office door – the signal that Daddy-Dear was not to be disturbed.
 
I looked at the clock on my phone and sighed. I tapped my multi-ringed fingers and traced the tattoos there.
 
Since I’d left home, Mom said Dad was worried sick. She checked on me constantly. Dad had texted a few times, and I’d saved every message.
 
We’d planned this father-daughter breakfast weeks ago, so we could finally talk. For that, I’d suffer the music.
 
“Excuse me?” The wide-eyed waiter looked like he’d never seen Goth before. “Ms. Farrington?”
 
I nodded.
 
“Message, ma’am.”
 
He quickly disappeared as I unfolded the note.
 

Something came up, Baby Girl. We’ll reschedule.
 
I crumpled the note, laughing. “No, Daddy-Dear. We won’t.”
 
I walked out, deleting those saved texts.

 


Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: breakfast, light, rock, phone, clock

Author Notes
Image of 'adult-tattoos-body-art-dark-girl' free download from pixabay [pixabay.com]

     

© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement