FanStory.com - Dead Spotby Deniz22
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Not all weak signals are in cphones
Dead Spot by Deniz22
Dialogue Only Writing Contest contest entry

"It's me!"

"I know, I know. You call every Friday night. Why do you always sound like you're announcing the King of England when you call?"

"I'm sorry! It's not easy subduing my royal blood."

"The only brush you've had with royalty was at Mel's Ice Cream Palace."

"You forget, when I'm near you, I'm in the presence of my queen."

"Oh, brother! I told you 'forget it'! I'm not your "Queen" and I never will be!"

"Still waiting for Prince Charming while ignoring a loving and true heart right in front of you...sad."

"I'm expecting a call. I have to go now."

"Billy won't be calling you...now, or ever."

"WHAT?"

"You HEARD me! Billy died in Vietnam 35 years ago."

"WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL ME?"

"Mary, Mary, I've been telling you every Friday night for almost 35 years!"

"No, no. You call and say it's you, you ask me out, I refuse and then there is a long silence and then you hang up!"

"That "long silence" is because you have been blocking out Billy's death all these years. The doctors have a long name for it, but basically, you've been protecting your heart with a wall in your brain. Tonight, the wall crumbled!"

"I have to go now; I'm expecting a call. And it's dinner time as well. They don't like us to be late."

"Mary! Mary, for Heaven's sake! Talk to me!"

     

© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement