FanStory.com - My Life in 150 Wordsby Y. M. Roger
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
That's only 30 words per decade...give or take!
My Life in 150 Words by Y. M. Roger
Your Life in 150 words writing prompt entry

Born to a grad-school physicist and a nurse, I grew up in a small town with big boastings: oldest settlement in the Louisiana Purchase. I have a younger sister and brother. I’ve been an avid reader my entire life.
 
School was a continuous collage of science fairs, softball team pitching, running track, and cheerleading. My grades and scores secured a full-ride scholarship to earn a Physics degree with math minor. College life in New Orleans needs a book of its own!
 

I was assistant director at Space Camp (there’s another book!), simulations programmer for NASA, and software verifier/validator for the Army. If you worked on the PAC-3 Missile System, there was bit of me in there.
 

I’m married and have three mostly-grown sons – stayed at home when they were little, then began teaching high school math and physics.
 
Part-time now, I’m looking forward to retirement...writing those books...and living more life!


Writing Prompt
Write the entire story of your life in no more than 150 words. You can be experimental, creative, funny, serious, provocative, reflective, whatever style you best feel represents your life. You must write about your entire life, not just a moment of it. No poetry (too easy). No fiction (YOUR life), although metaphors are acceptable so long as they are directly interpretable to be about your life. You'll be surprised at what your life looks like in 150 words...

Author Notes
AUTHOR NOTES:
Sooooo...that was a lot harder than it appeared at the outset. I'm guessing it would be easier on a younger person!
Tried NOT to make it a check list without missing the big stuff - hope you enjoy! :)

Image is 'The Risks In Life And The Invertiblity Of Time Passing' by Errol Jameson [fineartamerica.com]

     

© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement