FanStory.com - The Gift of Sunshineby Y. M. Roger
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A man and his car share an unspoken bond...
The Gift of Sunshine by Y. M. Roger
Blizzard Flash Fiction writing prompt entry

Walking away from the useless vehicle I called ‘Sunshine’, I thought of all the different ways she’d let me down today.
 
First, she had a flat tire at the hotel this morning. But, hey, guys can change tires, right?
 
Then, it was time for breakfast. Waiting in the line at the Mickey-Dee’s drive-thru, Sunshine decided to sputter and die.
 
A nice man and his truck had helped push Sunshine to the top of the hill and, coasting down, I had been able to jumpstart her.
 
Everything seemed fine until we’d reached the curvy, mountainous roads, and the blizzard moved in. That’s when Sunshine decided she did not like the snow or the extreme cold. Great.
 
The snow was blinding. I nearly missed the trail posing as a driveway to my left. Trudging through the accumulating snow, I managed to find a small cottage. Thankfully, I could hear voices inside.
 
I knocked.
 
The voices went silent; the door opened very slowly. Her suspicious blue eyes quickly changed to surprised welcome.
 
Ushering me inside the fire-warmed room, Ginger introduced me to her four sorority sisters. As they helped me out of my wet clothes, all I could think was, ‘Thank you, Sunshine!’

 


Writing Prompt
Write a flash fiction story that takes place during a blizzard. Maximum length is 200 words.

Recognized

Author Notes
Photo: thelawnforum.com

     

© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement