FanStory.com - My Childhood Awardby dovemarie
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I Remember contest entry
My Childhood Award by dovemarie
I Remember writing prompt entry
Artwork by MKFlood at FanArtReview.com

I remember playing the piano for three years in my childhood - age 8-11. I learned from listening to and watching my older sister. I played a duet with her in the recital, called "Country Gardens," when I was 9 years old. At the age of 10, I played in another recital at the teacher's house. It was a simple version of "Exodus." Finally, at age 11, I practiced and practiced for the recital that turned out to be my last one. I played "Aragonaise." When the teacher first handed me this piece, I saw all the notes that were several lines above the staff, and exclaimed, "I can't play this!" She said, "Of course you can." She had great confidence in me. I justified that confidence by memorizing and playing without an error in her house, making only a slight error on one of the high notes in the actual recital. I also practiced and memorized the Major scales, and won a statuette of Bach on my very first try for the award at the teacher's house. I still feel the call of the piano today, and sometimes I play Christmas carols. I think I'll try studying classical music again. It brings so much wonder, passion, and feelings to life, just as in my poetry.

Writing Prompt
Begin your non-fiction autobiographical story or poem with the words 'I remember...' Complete the sentence conveying a moment, an object, a feeling, etc. This does not have to be a profound memory, but should allow readers insight into your feelings, observations and/or thoughts. Use at least 100, but not more than 1,000 words. The count should be stated in your author notes.

Author Notes
Thanks to MKFlood for artwork

     

© Copyright 2024. dovemarie All rights reserved.
dovemarie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement