FanStory.com - Just Breatheby Y. M. Roger
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Nature provides the therapy...
Just Breathe by Y. M. Roger
100 Word Story writing prompt entry

It's been years since I was alone in the morning - think I was still working full time. This morning, it’s just me and the cats. My husband’s at work, and my son is at school.

I didn’t drink my coffee with breakfast earlier so I’d have it for this moment.

Stepping toward the door, I glance at the clock; there should still be time.

Yep, the morning light is barely peeking over the hill out front.  I can just make out a couple of squirrels and, perhaps, a chipmunk busy on the big rock about halfway up the slope.

My phone’s inside – only need the birds and frogs singing their own special melodies for this.

Placing my coffee on the porch table, I sit in my rocking chair.

I close my eyes. I feel the sun’s warmth creep across my face from the hilltop.

And.

    Just.

       Breathe.


Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: breakfast, light, rock, phone, clock

Author Notes
Always rushing here and meeting deadlines there and...well, sometimes, ya just gotta sit. :) Hope you follow suit! :)
And, yes, we live in a small valley surrounded by hills on three sides...morning's a bit delayed and it gets darker just a tad earlier. Beautiful!! :) :)
Thanks for reading!

     

© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement