FanStory.com - Adrianby Sugarray77
Average
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Introduce your Main Character
Adrian by Sugarray77

"That's the Cherokee half breed's girl" she heard them say. Adrian hung her head lower and allowed her braids to fall into her face. She shuffled her feet on the floor and waited for her Ma.

Adrian helped Ma put supper on the table for the menfolk. At fourteen, she was a young woman and had to wait to eat until after they were finished. As she stirred the pots, she daydreamed about starring in the moving picture shows.

"Adrian, come here", her father said. She immediately obeyed and stood before him wondering what he might want. "I have arranged for you to be married to Robert O'Brian on Saturday. He is a widow with four small kids and you will go to live with him". Adrian lowered her eyes, "Yes, sir". She never thought of disobeying him.

Author Notes
A true story that I hope to develop into something larger.

     

© Copyright 2024. Sugarray77 All rights reserved.
Sugarray77 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement