FanStory.com - Don't Look at Meby Beck Fenton
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
An orphan girl needs to hide
Don't Look at Me by Beck Fenton
Artwork by willie at FanArtReview.com

Marnie doesn't mind smelling like horse dung. It keeps everyone at a distance and she doesn't need people looking too closely at the tiniest stable boy. Uneven patches of filthy blond hair and unwashed body encourages everyone to keep a distance. They call her Piggly. The other stable boys leave her the smelliest chores. They don't bother her when she curls up in the stalls, so she sleeps with the horses standing guard.

If anyone guesses her identity as a girl she'd be whipped and sent on her way without clothes or food. She's an orphan girl and has no rights to anything until she marries someone. At ten years she wants nothing to do with marriage, so stable work is an easier choice to make. She keeps her blue eyes downcast whenever anyone is around to avoid catching anyone's interest. No one's noticed her so far.

     

© Copyright 2024. Beck Fenton All rights reserved.
Beck Fenton has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement