FanStory.com - finding the bookby jake cosmos aller
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
what happened when the discovered the book
finding the book by jake cosmos aller
Renovations writing prompt entry

998 words

“Shambala Occult Books, the Truth is Out There. Sam Jones speaking. How can I help you?”

Sam, It’s Joe Lovecraft, how have you been? I haven't heard from you in a long time. I have some interesting news to tell you. Can we meet soon? I'll come to your shop.

“ OK, so what's the news?”

“Well, I can't tell you over the open-source phone, you know, because the green faction might be listening. I'll come by this evening and tell you all the details”

“ OK. Looking forward to it.”

That night around 7:00 PM. Joe Lovecraft, the sole surviving heir of the HP Lovecraft estate, and a retired CIA operative, arrived at Sam's Bookstore on Telegraph Ave. in Berkeley, CA. They closed the shop and went to an Ethiopian restaurant for dinner.

Over dinner, Joe said,

“Sam this is an astounding discovery. Sam. I found the book.”

“ The book?”

“Yes. the infamous. Necronomicon. You know that I always believed that that was a real book and that HP Lovecraft stories were true stories. And I have proof.”

“. So where is the book?”

“ Well. You're going to have to go with me.  To the original Carnegie Library, I found the book in a back room after we completed a long overdue complete renovation of the library.  As you know I am one of the world’s leading experts on historical restoration and during the renovation, we found a hidden bookcase filled with “forbidden books”.  I stole the book during the renovation and well, it is the real thing, the rest were given to the local Catholic priest who sent them to the Vatican library for “” preservation.”
 

I was able to authenticate it. But we have to summon the inner council, appraise them of the situation, and have them join us in Scotland. I know that you have contacts on the Council, can you do that?”

 “Sure, my cousin is the first secretary of the council. He would be the appropriate person. He lives in San Francisco. Can you join us for a late-night drink in the city tonight?”

“ Sure”

“ OK, I'll call him”

“Saul Goodman here.”

“Saul, this is Sam Adams. I am here with Joe Lovecraft. He has found the book we have searching for 7,000 years.  It is Scotland. Can we swing by tonight and talk?”

“Sure, I will set up a secret Zoom call with the leaders of the Committee. See you in a few hours.”

Sam and Joe went to an old mansion in Pacific Heights, where they met with Saul Goodman and the Committee members who joined in by Zoom from all over the world.. Everyone was ecstatic to hear the good news.

The members of the ancient order of Sirius were the descendants of the Atlantis colony that had been destroyed in a war 7,000 years ago.  The society members were mostly pure-bred reptilian shapeshifting creatures.  They appeared in the Zoom call in their native shape, which was something they seldom did for operational security reasons.

They were opposed by the green faction - other members of the Sirius race that had wanted to make humans their partners and not their slaves. That disagreement led to the nuclear war that almost destroyed the Earth but ended up stranding the Sirians on Earth. The red faction fled to ancient Rome, and Egypt and formed the secret society that went by many names over the years and were the secret overlords of the world. Their latest incarnation was the Committee that Did Not Exist CDNE but some referred to them as the Freemasons,  Illuminati, or the Knights Templar which were some of their earlier names in ancient history. There were only 1,000 purebred members of the Committee, all of whom joined the historical Zoom call.

Saul concluded the call,

“Well, what we're going to do is we're going to fly off to Scotland and assemble the council there. To prevent the green faction from finding out what we're doing, we will go there in small groups. It will take us about a week to get us all there.  Joe will retrieve the book and bring it to our meeting site. And then we will read the book together and see if it does indeed contain the secrets to opening the portal.

With that agreement in place, Saul, Sam and Joe traveled to Dunfermline, Scotland. They arrived a few days later and set up shop in an ancient Inn near the library. Every night they would go to the local pub and meet with the incoming members of the Council and brief everybody one by one.  For security reasons, everyone stayed in separate inns and hotels and communicated via secret Zoom calls.

 On the appointed day, Joe stole the manuscript and went to the meeting place deep in the highland moors of Scotland.  The council was ecstatic with anticipation that they would finally contact the home world.

Sal addressed the Council, saying that this was the date that they had been waiting for. 7000 years. And then he opened the book and began chanting. The ancient sacred chants that open the portal to homework. They stared in disbelief at the site of the Syrian emperor, the direct descendant of their ancient Emperor.

Sal in his broken Syrian language, appraised the Syrian emperor of what had happened. And requested that they launch an immediate invasion fleet to reconquer the planet Earth.

The Emperor listened carefully and said that it would take about a month to get the fleet organized,  and through the wormhole, and down to earth. They were instructed to stay in Scotland and keep the wormhole open, and open other wormholes as well..

 Two months later, the Syrian fleet arrived on the moon. And then they began to transport to Earth, launching the invasion of Earth   The Emperor appointed Sal Goodman the Governor General of Earth, and Sam Adams and Joe Lovecraft served as his deputy commanders.



Writing Prompt
While renovating an old building (home, shop, etc), your character discovers something completely unexpected.

Write a flash fiction story (100-1000 words) about this find. It could include backstory of how it got there or consequences of the discovery. Wild speculation and imagination encouraged.

Author Notes
While renovating an old building (home, shop, etc), your character discovers something completely unexpected.

Write a flash fiction story (100-1000 words) about this find. It could include backstory of how it got there or consequences of the discovery. Wild speculation and imagination encouraged.

     

© Copyright 2024. jake cosmos aller All rights reserved.
jake cosmos aller has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement