FanStory.com - Why ?by tempeste
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
check note section below for insight
Why ? by tempeste
    Septolet Poem Contest Winner 

 
Some
lives just
don't matter
 
Conflict, disease
and famine leave
these innocent souls
shattered
 


Writing Prompt
Write a Septolet - a seven-line poem consisting of fourteen words broken into two parts. Both parts deal with the same thought and create a picture.
Septolet Poem
Contest Winner

Author Notes
Leaders always have money for wars but not the poor
Why ?


Full link https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202401/1306369.shtml

..below the first paragraph


In 2023, the world was in turmoil, with the Russia-Ukraine war dragging on and the conflict in the Gaza Strip reoccurring. As the demand for weapons rose dramatically in many parts of the world, the US, known as a non-stop war machine, delivered yet another "outstanding" year-end performance review of foreign military sales: a record $238 billion.

This figure was released by the US State Department on Monday. With a 16 percent increase from 2022, the growth in US military equipment sales to foreign governments last year was primarily driven by significant deals prompted by the Russia-Ukraine war. The biggest deals were a trio of sales worth about $30 billion for attack and transport helicopters, and long-range missile launchers to Poland and Germany, according to a report from Politico.

     

© Copyright 2024. tempeste All rights reserved.
tempeste has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement