FanStory.com - Feng Shan-Hoby jim vecchio
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
righteous among the nations
Feng Shan-Ho by jim vecchio

It may surprise you to know there were Oriental men considered as “Righteous Among The Nations” during the time of the Holocaust. Such a man was Feng Shan-Ho. This is a brief description of his contributions to God’s People:

Kristallnacht!- Forget not that word! A night in November, 1938 when synagogues and Jewish businesses in Germany were ransacked, many burned and Jewish people were either killed outright or deported to concentration camps, to face even crueler death.

The situation was desperate for 200,000 Australian jews. To escape death, they had to leave Europe. That meant a visa, or valid boat ticket; necessary emigration documents.

31 out of 32 countries refused to accept Jewish immigrants.

Against orders, Feng Shan-Ho issued transit visas to Shanghai. In the first three months alone of this undertaking, twelve hundred visa were issued.

One survivor, desperate, threw his requests into the open window of Ho’s passing car. His visa was granted shortly thereafter.

One man, Eric Goldstaub, was granted twenty visas. He and his whole family were able to flee.

Feng Shang-Ho was a diplomat for forty years.

Like many of these “Holocaust saints”, he did what he could and never breathed a word of his services. They only came to light in after his death.

He became known as “China’s Schindler.”


Recognized

Author Notes

     

© Copyright 2024. jim vecchio All rights reserved.
jim vecchio has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement