FanStory.com - Candy Ladyby Terrence Francis
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Louisiana Tale
Candy Lady by Terrence Francis
Write A Screenplay contest entry

Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of violence.
### The Candy Lady
#### FADE IN:
**EXT. NORTHSIDE OF LAFAYETTE, LOUISIANA - DAY**
*The summer sun blazes down on a quaint neighborhood. Children run and play, laughter echoing through the streets.*
**EXT. MS. ANNA ARCENEAUX’S HOUSE - DAY**
*A chain-link fence surrounds a modest home. Kids gather at the fence, shouting joyfully.*
**CHILDREN**  
(chanting)  
Cold Cup Lady! Cold Cup Lady!
*MS. ANNA ARCENEAUX (70s, silver hair tied back, kind smile) appears, pushing a cart filled with colorful cold cups and candies.*
**MS. ANNA**  
(with a warm smile)  
Alright, alright. Who wants a treat?
*Kids cheer and rush to the cart. Anna hands out the treats with gentle affection.*
#### MONTAGE:
*Different years flash by—1990, 1991, 1992—Anna selling treats, kids happily enjoying them.*
#### CUT TO:
**EXT. NORTHSIDE NEIGHBORHOOD - DAY (SUMMER 1993)**
*A mournful atmosphere. Posters of missing children are plastered everywhere.*
**PARENT #1**  
(teary-eyed)  
It's been weeks. No sign of him anywhere.
*Anna approaches, a sorrowful expression on her face.*
**MS. ANNA**  
(comforting)  
We'll find them. I promise. I'll help in any way I can.
*She hands a donation to a grateful parent.*
#### INT. MS. ANNA’S WASH HOUSE - NIGHT
*Rows of jars filled with strange herbs and potions. The centerpiece: a wooden effigy.*
**NARRATOR (V.O.)**  
(ominous)  
But no one knew the darkness that lay behind her kindness.
*Anna whispers incantations, pouring a vial of liquid on the wooden effigy.*
#### CUT TO:
**INT. MS. ANNA’S WASH HOUSE - DAY**
*Children, sedated, lie on makeshift beds. Anna tends to them with eerie tenderness.*
**MS. ANNA**  
(whispering to a child)  
Hush now. Soon, it'll all be over.
#### EXT. LAFAYETTE - DAY (SUMMER 2000)
*An unusually hot day. The neighborhood is tense.*
**NARRATOR (V.O.)**  
(ominous)  
And then, the summer of 2000 brought something sinister.
*Parents gather, talking in hushed tones about shadows and strange sounds.*
#### INT. MS. ANNA’S WASH HOUSE - NIGHT
*The children wake from their stupor. They see Anna in ceremonial garb, chanting around the effigy.*
**CHILD #1**  
(terrified)  
What’s happening?
*Anna dances wildly, the air thick with tension. The effigy starts to tremble.*
#### CLOSE-UP:
*The wooden effigy splits open violently. Kooshma emerges—a grotesque fusion of human and nightmare.*
**MS. ANNA**  
(ecstatic)  
Master, I have brought you life.
*Kooshma steps forward, eyes burning with malevolence.*
**KOOSHMA**  
(whispering)  
You will be the first.
*With a swift motion, Kooshma drives claws into Anna’s chest. Her body convulses, face frozen in disbelief.*
#### LOW ANGLE:
*Kooshma turns to the terrified children.*
**KOOSHMA**  
(sinister)  
And now, for the rest.
#### EXT. MS. ANNA’S HOUSE - NIGHT
*Parents, sensing something wrong, rush towards Anna’s house. They burst in.*
#### INT. MS. ANNA’S HOUSE - NIGHT
*Parents find the horrifying sight: Anna lifeless, Kooshma melting into the shadows.*
**PARENT #2**  
(crying out)  
Oh my God!
*They rescue the traumatized children.*
#### EXT. MS. ANNA’S HOUSE - NIGHT
*Police tape surrounds the house. The neighborhood whispers in fear.*
**NARRATOR (V.O.)**  
(whispering)  
The story of the Cold Cup Lady became a haunting tale, a warning of the darkness behind kind smiles.
#### INT./EXT. ABANDONED WASH HOUSE - NIGHT
*Empty, eerie. The wind rustles softly.*
**NARRATOR (V.O.)**  
And if you listen closely on hot summer nights, you might hear the faint chanting of Ms. Anna, trying to complete her deadly bargain with the night terror.
#### FADE OUT.
**TEXT OVERLAY**  
"THE END"  
*(CREDITS ROLL)*

     

© Copyright 2024. Terrence Francis All rights reserved.
Terrence Francis has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement