FanStory.com - Laughter is good for the Soul by patcelaw
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A little part of my life
Laughter is good for the Soul by patcelaw

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It's long  been my desire to be a stand-up comic. I have always loved to tell nice clean jokes. I love to make people laugh. Laughter they say is good for the soul.  Since it helps us to forget our problems for even a short time.

I had this desire fulfilled once about 20 years ago, in Albuquerque, New Mexico, when I took part in a comedy show. I was on stage for seven minutes as I did my comedy routine. I was dressed in an outfit that looked like Minnie Pearl, a great country comedian. I was wearing a hat with a price tag hanging from it, which was her trademark. I had also used eyeliner to black out one of my teeth, so I looked like I had a missing tooth. The routine was well received by the audience.
 
One of my favorite jokes I ever told I had included in my routine. This is that joke.

There was a mental institution out in farming country.
 
There were two patients sitting by the fence when a farmer came by with his tractor pulling a wagon behind the tractor.
 
One of the patients said to him, "hey, farmer what do you have there behind your tractor?
 
He said, "I have a load of manure. I am going to take home to put on my strawberries.

Then one patient looked at the other and said, "look where we are and we use cream and sugar on ours.
 
 
I heard this joke over 66 years ago at the Salvation Army while eating lunch with a captain in the Army. She shared this particular story with me as we were eating strawberries.
 
Sadly, now the only way I can do comedy, is to tell a joke or two here on fan story, and I hope that you will enjoy the stories, and that you will get a chuckle from them, because laughter is good for the soul. 

Recognized

Author Notes
The images from Google images.

     

© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement