FanStory.com - An Ode To An Ode by Douglas Goff
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A great writing form.
An Ode To An Ode by Douglas Goff
Ode writing prompt entry

An ode to an ode granting much deserved praise to a quintessence mode. Don’t be daft, I won’t speak in code. The journey begun, the proposition firmly bestowed. It pours from my mind, my cranium overflowed. 

So it’s decided, I’ll take this ode to an ode on the road. You just watch and see, my idea will explode. 

What do you mean my rhyme never flowed? A river of words to you I have sowed. If you had a boat you could even have rowed. Dispel that tidal wave of doubt you once ignorantly rode. Please ladies and gentlemen, you simply need to be showed.

The ode very brilliant since any theme you can unload. Heralding coffee, pets, family, or even a princess and a toad. 

With many forms of composition your mind will erode. Your ideas drifting away, nothing borrowed, paid, or owed. Please heed my warning, I have so forebode. 

So stick with the ode regaling a great load. An honorable honor to something you hath bestowed. 

At first kicking and screaming you had to be towed. But I see from your smile you liked this poetic path we have strode. 

My muse is on fire, my wisdom not slowed. Upon us reaching a parley, my heart even glowed. Thank you for reading my tribute, an ode to an ode. 



Writing Prompt
An Ode is a poem praising and glorifying a person, place or thing.

Author Notes
Enjoying some poetic liberties. This is meant to be very fast paced. I stepped out of my comfort zone and read this in front of a barroom full of people on Open Mike Poetry Night. They only gave each poet sixty seconds. I had the patrons thump the table after every rhyme. It was hilarious.

     

© Copyright 2024. Douglas Goff All rights reserved.
Douglas Goff has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement