FanStory.com - The dateby EILEEN LAW
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Aliss gets ready for her date
Sandra's Lover
: The date by EILEEN LAW

Background
Crime, murder, mystery, love? Hmm dive in and see what you feel. I can't promise you wont have nightmares.

A yawn, a stretch and an attempt to come to life. Saturday morning. It's the best and Aliss gets to stay in bed and watch TV for a while. That is before her cat demands breakfast. Her kitty, a beautiful orange tabby named Keanu. He is named after her favorite movie star. Currently he is laying on her chest while Aliss reclines in her bed stroking his soft fur. She knows the day is getting on and she should get it started.

Janice was picking her up in an hour and taking her shopping for new clothes. Aliss has a date. She squeals a little at the thought. A date. With Mike.

She called him the following Monday night, at exactly 7pm as instructed. The entire day in anticipation, trepidation. How is it possible to blush at a telephone. Her hands were shaking the first three attempts at dialing the phone. Mixing up the numbers in nervousness. Half of her was hoping he wouldn't answer.

"Hello. Right on time I see. Hi Aliss, how was your day?" Mike asks her.
She swallows so loud she is sure he hears her, "Uhm hi, its ok. Kinda boring. I just sit and add numbers all day long, write them in a book. Write a few cheques and repeat."

Her heart is pounding in her ears. She swallows over and over. Twiddling the phone cord.

"Aliss, I want to take you out. Let's go to dinner, just the 2 of us. I appreciate your best friend, but she overshadows you and I want to get to know you. The woman without the friend." Mike says.

"Uhm sure, I guess, ok." She trembles at the thought. She feels both sick and joyous at once. Janice has always been her buffer, always. How can she do this without her? What will she say, what will she do? Oh God.

"Saturday. Where can I pick you up?" he asks.

"Ah, if its ok, I'll meet you somewhere." Her father taught her stranger danger. Always maintain the upper hand. Amongst other tidbits of quotable wisdom.

"Good girl, I like that. Let's meet at 4B's restaurant on Main Street. I'll be there at 7 o'clock." He spoke in an instructional but friendly way.

"Ok. I guess I'll see you there. Saturday at 7." She looks at the ceiling, hoping that some answers to life were written up there.

"Perfect. And Aliss. I like you. Just you. And don't stress, ok. I'll be a perfect gentleman."
A few closing comments and they both hang up.

Aliss immediately called Janice, who shrieks and again in a litany of constant encouragement, advice and somewhat disbelief rambles on and on about what to do, what to wear and how to behave. Almost all of it Aliss doesn't hear. She is still filled with adrenaline and dopamine from that short conversation with Mike.

The days tick by so slowly. Like the hoursglass was filled with molasses instead of sand. The clock never seemed to move. For the next few nights, she would go to bed early hoping this would speed the week up. Most of the time she laid in her bed remembering his handsome face. His gentle hands and the one sweet kiss on her lips. Surprising she got any sleep at all. One day, two days, three. Will this week ever end? She felt like a 6-year-old waiting on her birthday party. Excitement and anticipation. Dum dum da dum....the wedding march in her brain. Dr and Mrs. who? She didn't know is last name. Geez Louise, stop! The date hasn't even happened yet. A virgin who has only been on a half a dozen dates. All as a double date with Janice. It seemed that these dates were a package deal kind of thing. No one ever asking for more time with her, and never any time alone. Her lack of experience keeps her nervous, afraid and frequently alone. Lonely at times. However, she is used to being alone and had set in her mind that was how life was going to be. Now this? What is happening in her life? Ok Ok Aliss get your stuff together.

Janice is coming over. Maybe she should do her hair too? Make up change? Excited and sick to her stomach. The date is coming.

Off to the Gallatin Mall. The intent is to find something pretty. Janice of course is all abuzz with fashion and skin showing. Aliss is demurer. Finally, they settled on a nice green dress that came just below the knee with a cowl neck that almost shows cleavage. Cute black low-heeled sandals (Janice wanted her to wear 4-inch heels â?" no way). She gets her hair done and attempts and new makeup.

When Aliss gets home, she takes it all off and goes back to her simple mascara and lip stick only. Its comfortable for her, not one to overdo it despite the fashion of the time.

Author Notes
The story continues - we set up the meeting of an important couple.

** picture courtesy of L. Tonin.***

     

© Copyright 2024. EILEEN LAW All rights reserved.
EILEEN LAW has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement