FanStory.com - The Rescueby LisaMay
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Til death do us part. (100 words)
The Rescue by LisaMay
    100 Word Dash Contest Winner 

Perhaps we are all lost souls searching for enduring love in this crowded room. I become aware he's staring at me with sensual intent. Losing the will to resist, I melt into those compelling eyes which promise such love. Yet there is a demanding insistence behind the love light, a kind of thought control. I can feel myself giving in. Is this the beginning of my slavery to his power?
Hesitant yet hopeful, I approach him, holding out my hand. I pat the rescue cat. He purrs loudly.
But it is the man holding the cat who has enthralled me.



Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.
100 Word Dash
Contest Winner

Author Notes
Author's Note: Fanstory word counter says 101 but I have hand counted this story and checked on wordcounter.net and the word count is definitely only the required 100.

     

© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement