FanStory.com - The Hindenburgby T B Botts
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I made a poor choice at lunch time
The Hindenburg by T B Botts
Artwork by willie at FanArtReview.com

I don't know what I was thinking. In retrospect, I suppose there wasn't much thought at all. I was hungry, and it was lunchtime. My wife, Jan, was out shopping with my daughter, or she might have stepped in and stopped me from a foolish decision. To make matters worse, the little voice in my head that usually warns against doing stupid things must have been napping. It's never around when I need it.

I glanced into the refrigerator and saw a small container of sauerkraut and pork left from a few nights before.
 
"Well, what's this? Hmm... no sense in letting it go to waste." 
 
I popped it into the microwave and sixty seconds later I had a delightful entree of sorts. Of course it wasn't enough to constitute a meal, so I started looking around for something else.

It just so happened that the day before I had made a rather tasty pot of ham and bean soup, of which there was still plenty left. Usually soup that has set for a day or two gets better with age. I was still a bit hungry, so without hesitation I heated up a bowl of the soup. Part way through my feast it dawned on me that I was acting like a mad scientist. I had mixed two volatile ingredients and an explosion similar to the Big Bang was bound to happen sometime in the not so distant future.
 
"Oh God, what have I done?"
 
Oh well, it was too late to stop now. I finished my soup and waited for the inevitable.

I'm happy to report that though I did suffer some bloating, and of course the expected rumbling from the nether region, I nonetheless made it through the night without blowing the doors down, or even knocking the blanket off the bed. I woke up a few times thinking I heard thunder off in the distance, but that made no sense. It's clear as a bell outside.

Will I do something that stupid again? Probably. I'm a slow learner.

 

Recognized

Author Notes
Though my ill-informed decision happened yesterday, I'm still reaping the effects of it today. As doctor Stanley says- you'll reap what you sow, more than you sow and later than you sow. Truer words were never spoken.

     

© Copyright 2024. T B Botts All rights reserved.
T B Botts has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement