FanStory.com - Smart Dogby GWHARGIS
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Wash the smelly dog.
Smart Dog by GWHARGIS
Artwork by Graf94 at FanArtReview.com

Harriet looked at her husband of ten years. "Henry, your dog is exposing himself again,"

Henry looked over the top of the sports section and nodded. "Yep."

"Do something."

"Like what, Harriet?"

She stole a quick glance at the dog, sleeping peacefully on his back. "I don't know. Something."

Henry gave a quick low whistle and the dog opened his eyes just enough to see if the whistle was, in fact, a real emergency. Sensing it was just an ill timed drill, the dog stretched out one paw, then closed his eyes again.

"He stinks, too." She waved a folded section of the paper in front of her nose.

"Yep," Henry said.

"Why don't you give him a bath?"

"I don't smell him. If you smell him, you give him a bath."

Tired of looking at the dog's privates, she laid folded newspaper in her hand over top of them.

Henry looked around the sports section and saw the unfinished crossword puzzle.

"So, you're really not gonna give your stupid dog a bath?" Harriet asked.

Henry drops the paper, an angry look on his face. "Stupid dog? Why he's nearly finished that crossword puzzle. Could a stupid dog do that?"

Harriet frowned. The fight left her. "I don't know quite what to say," she says softly.

Henry snaps the paper to start reading again. He peeks over the top and winks at her. "I'll bathe him after dinner, that is, if he's finished working on that puzzle."

Author Notes
No idea where this came from other than the fact that my dog, Pip, has been sleeping on his back recently, leaving nothing to the imagination.

     

© Copyright 2024. GWHARGIS All rights reserved.
GWHARGIS has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement