FanStory.com - Progress on the home frontby Jesse James Doty
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I continue to improve
Progress on the home front by Jesse James Doty



Yes, I am making progress, but it is not fast enough to suit my energy level at the present time. I can't help but want to run when I am still learning to walk.

By now you must be wondering how much longer before I am able to walk successfully. The short and long of it is I still don't know.

Baby steps, one day at a time, is how I roll. I was taught these phrases by youngsters half my age.

Seriously though, I am doing the best I can.

Only yesterday, I was using a walker with four wheels to go up and down the hallway, then down the elevator to the first floor where I went to the mailbox in my building and collected my mail.

I accomplished all of this with confidence and pride.

Now on to my future goals. I want to take my walker and walk in my apartment freely without any supervision by David, or Reed my physical therapist.

Soon, I want to go outside and walk through the parking lot, transfer into my car, and be driven to my next destination. But this is my long-range plan and who knows how long it will take before I will be ready.

It is raining right now. It has been raining for days and I persist in my walking. And one day, whether it is raining or not, I will put on my jacket and walking shorts and turn my head down against the wind.

In my heart, I know I will not go it alone, but with "Team Jesse" by my side.

This is my quest. To go into the future knowing if I take it one step at a time I will make it to the finish line, walking slowly and steadily. I believe that one day, I will be running as fast as I can.

Anything that comes my way I will continue to face, and I will do it in style.



Recognized

Author Notes
Thanks to all my FS friends and followers who have rooted for me all the way through to my successful conclusion. I will walk again and very soon.
Thanks for reading.

     

© Copyright 2024. Jesse James Doty All rights reserved.
Jesse James Doty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement