FanStory.com - I Don't Like Pina Coladasby ZekeNix
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Two friends catch up after an escape
I Don't Like Pina Coladas by ZekeNix
Two women sit at a deserted bar writing prompt entry

I Don’t Like Pina Coladas

There's only so long you can take it she confided in me that day we ran into each other in Chelsea. I know they were only trying to help but they crapped on every imaginable surface. I don't hold it against them, they're just birds, after all.

The "relatives" though... Cleaning up after them got to be such a chore. I've got a degree from Vassar, by God! I was on scholarship! So, I packed up everything, made an escape plan and left in the middle of the night.

That stupid, vapid Prince and his party, though. Diversion, plain and simple. I used a burner phone and hacked the bell tower to chime during the last dance. Then I split in all the confusion.

I lost one shoe on the steps, caught an Uber, and tossed the other out of the window at the base of a Willow tree on the way out of town in case they used bloodhounds like the first time. I imagine he looked all over for his "fair maiden." I don't even know if they ever found the other shoe. I just had to get out of that scene.

So, anyway, Aurora, how's life with you?



Writing Prompt
Write a story using the premise two woman sit at an otherwise deserted bar. They share a secret. They strike up a friendship.

     

© Copyright 2024. ZekeNix All rights reserved.
ZekeNix has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement