FanStory.com - Prowling Tigersby HarryT
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A scary dream from which I was happy to awaken.
Prowling Tigers by HarryT
Create a Scene writing prompt entry

Last night, I was plagued by a fearful dream. Circling me were prowling tigers. Closer and closer, the tigers came surrounding my bed. Smelling the hot breath of these monsters, I cringed and tried to run away. I was trapped. I was their prey. Slowly, so slowly, they continued circling, their eyes ablaze with hunger. In my heart, I knew they wanted to devour me. Suddenly, the leader charged, his teeth gnashing, salvia spilling from his slobbering mouth.

Fortunately, I bounded awake. The warm sun dappled my face, while cold sweat soaked my pajamas. I eased my head down onto my pillow, relieved to hear the calls of “cheep, cheep,” and “pretty me,” sung by the bird choirs outside my bedroom window. I sat up and took a deep breath, calmed by the songs of morning chasing those prowling tigers away. Slipping from my bed, I stretched, happy to return to my real life again.



Writing Prompt
Imagination is a fascination sometimes. This one herein is mine.

     

© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement