FanStory.com - The Treeby davisr (Rhonda)
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The need to connect is universal.
The Tree by davisr (Rhonda)
80 Word Flash Fiction contest entry
Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

I’m a tree; tall, strong, unyielding. Rooted to one spot, I don’t experience a vast array of emotions, but somehow feel close to the human creature that does. Longing is my greatest need, regret its ugly cousin. I desire relationship with another sentient being.

The other day, a small child walked by. She reached out a tender hand and stroked my rough bark. She paused, looked up and smiled. We connected, and for just a brief moment, my longing vanished.

Recognized

Author Notes
I like writing stories from unique perspectives to stretch the imagination and to discover diversity exists in many realms, and that truth is truth no matter who are what you are.

The tree is, also, an allegory for a type of person.

A very special thanks for Milea Mountain Village by avmurray from FanArt.

     

© Copyright 2024. davisr (Rhonda) All rights reserved.
davisr (Rhonda) has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement