FanStory.com - Not On The Same Pageby tempeste
Good
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
flash fiction
Not On The Same Page by tempeste
The Door Slammed writing prompt entry

The door slammed, echoing down the long hall.
As he quickened his stride, he was determined to guard his heart from the likes of her.

He was pleased when he suggested a walk in the park that she had accepted with glee. Under a canopy of stars, a soft breeze danced as she listened happily to his enchanting voice and his storytelling. Everything seemed picture perfect until suddenly events went sour and nosedived.

Arrived near a secluded part of the park, he swooped down to take a stolen kiss whilst a groping hand grasped her soft generous bust. He was expecting the lass to follow suit and deepen the kiss, so what followed next left him baffled.

With all her might, she pushed him aside and visibly shook, she fled.The night of lustful pleasures he thought both desired and hoped for was off.

After a sleepless night, he went in search of answers. Not finding the lass at the council house where she worked, he went knocking on her apartment door.
To avoid curious neighbour chitter chatter, reluctantly she opened and invited him in.
He asked why a change of heart for he was sure she fancied him. At first, she was lip-tight but encouraged to speak her mind, she confessed she was in love with him. She had dreamed of a romantic night out in the park, holding hands, entwining fingers whilst watching the stars.
She thought he'd be her knight and seal the night with a gentle kiss on her lips once back at her doorstep.

Her confession had left him somewhat shocked but not wanting to give her any false hopes he was brutally blunt; as far as he was concerned love was for the weak and foolish. And he considered himself neither and with that he took his leave.







Writing Prompt
Write a story that starts with this sentence: The door slammed, echoing down the long hall.

Don't add to the sentence. The catch is this must be flash fiction. So the story should be between 100 and 1,000 words.

     

© Copyright 2024. tempeste All rights reserved.
tempeste has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement