FanStory.com - The piece of yarnby Iza Deleanu
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a gift of love
The piece of yarn by Iza Deleanu
Supernatural Encounter writing prompt entry

"Have I told you how I met your mother, baby?"

"No, daddy, I bet it was a very fairy tale..."

"Fairy, indeed. It's time to know the truth about your mom."

"Yey, story time, I would like to know that dad."
"So, here it goes, kiddo. Once upon a time when I was travelling back to Transylvania..."

"Wait, my mom was a v a m p i r e?

"No! Let me finish! I was walking around Brasov the old citadel, and I saw the most beautiful girl, just like you, that was waving from one of the nearby artisan shops. At first, I thought she was waving at somebody else, but then she smiled and... got me! I don't know why, but I got an urge to speak in a very old fashionable way, so I said: "What is troubling you my fair lady?"

She answered: "Good, Sir, I need your help to unweave this ball of yarn. My hands are swollen, and I need to finish this task by midnight."

Intrigued I mumbled:" Midnight, or the bad wolf will get you."

Ileana, that was your mother's name said: "Yeah, I know what you are thinking, that the bad wolf will get me!"

"Mesmerized by her beauty, I agreed to help her. I stepped inside the shop, and then it happened! Unfortunately, we where not able to finish in time and at midnight she became a ghost."

"Daddy, then I was born nine months later?"

"Not, really. You arrived by mail with a note, from Transylvania with love."

"What? By mail? How is possible? Did I come with instructions? Was I a piece of paper?

"Yes, Ileana. You were a piece of yarn. Your mom said to put you in front of the fireplace, and you became a beautiful baby."

"Wow, daddy this is much better that telling me that I was adopted, this is so dope!"

"Once a year, you are teleporting to Transylvania and hunt that house where you were born the first time."

"Daddy, will my babies be pieces of yarn?"

"That's for another time, baby."

 


Writing Prompt
Word count 300-350
Story will include a human encounter with ghosts/spirits
Your fiction story must be written suitable for children--G rated.
Black font color only

Recognized

     

© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement