FanStory.com - Racism is The Worstby Raul1
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
An opinion piece.
Racism is The Worst by Raul1
Opinion Piece writing prompt entry

Many people divide themselves by the color of their skin. You can see that not everyone is friendly. I think that it is unfair how all of us got mistreated. Police have beaten down the majority of the African Americans and Hispanics. Half of the guilty cops got arrested.

In the 60s, the racism against African Americans was terrible. The police mistreated them, and they weren't allowed anywhere. They hated each other.

It is so sad that some things are still happening. Racism is a huge problem for all of us. Instead of feeling joy, they felt hurt. We should be united and state outside our differences aside, but I doubt this will happen. It will continue to be a cruel world. It is not fair. It is the reality that it won't stop anytime soon. All we can hope for is a miracle to come true.

Martin Luther King Jr., spoke his most famous "I Have a Dream" speech. Sadly, not all of it got accomplished. We still have the half of the same most violent problems, and I'm afraid it will continue because of our ignorance.

In my opinion, racism has to be defeated, but it won't happen. I believe that we should all be united instead of divided. It is what it is. There is a resolution; maybe peace comes for all of us. I don't know when it will occur. The real world has many faces. Let's hope that we all finally get our respect and freedom.


Writing Prompt
Share an opinion on something that is happening in your world. Here is your soapbox, argue your case. Back it up with examples, scenarios and/or facts. Poem or prose, fiction or nonfiction, author's choice.

     

© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement