FanStory.com - Age Has Its Advantagesby Annmuma
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Inner-Sanctum Saturday Nights
Age Has Its Advantages by Annmuma
True Story Flash contest entry

“Lay still.”

“I’m still.”

"You moved."

“No. I didn't!"

"Please!"

"I'll be still."

A decent replica of that conversation occurred between me and my sister on many 1950 Saturday nights.  Our twin beds, separated by Hannah’s radio, were close enough for a location change in a single bound.   Most nights, it did not matter.

But the sounds of Inner Sanctum’s creaking door materialized my limited athletic ability.  Hannah’s bed-sharing rules, no touching, lay flat and don’t move, were strictly enforced.  Any infraction meant expulsion.  

The onset of the final Carters’ Little Liver Pills’ commercial, signaled the end of the episode and my misery!

 

Recognized

Author Notes
The radio belonged to my sister; I was 7 and she was 15-- guess who ran the show! Most nights, I loved hearing the Louisiana Hayride or some cowboy western or whatever, but InnerSanctum made my hair stand on end! As soon as the creaking door began, I was bargaining for another station!

     

© Copyright 2024. Annmuma All rights reserved.
Annmuma has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement