FanStory.com - The Journeyby Bridge
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A short story
The Journey by Bridge
200 Word Story writing prompt entry

I was returning to my hostel after my summer break by train.

As the train  pulled out of the station I looked around.There was a balding man with a pot-belly reading the newspaper on the seat opposite to mine.On the seat to my left,there was a young girl with thick,long hair and soft features.She caught me staring at her and smiled hesitantly.I smiled back. On the seat opposite to the girl were a couple that seemed strange.The lady caught me looking at them and I suddenly got goosebumps.

I settled down,took out my book and started reading. 

The odd couple offered me tea.I refused because I felt uneasy around them.

The next morning we reached.As we got down from the train I saw the young girl and the odd couple walk off together.Again I had the same feeling of uneasiness.

I shrugged it off and soon got busy with friends and classes. 

I was shocked to see the same girl's photo in the nnewspaper two days later. The girl had been missing since the last two days and the police were looking for any information they could get.


Writing Prompt
Write a story of 200 words. not including the title. Any subject accepted. Must be exactly 200 words.

     

© Copyright 2024. Bridge All rights reserved.
Bridge has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement