FanStory.com - Free Marital Adviceby Deniz22
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Worth every cent!
Free Marital Advice by Deniz22

How to stay married; A practical tip for marriage survival while waiting for her dream to be realized.

By Dr. Ican Endure

You must give your woman carefully chosen tidbits of encouragement along the way. She is out to change you. Some little indication her diamond in the rough is starting to shine a bit, due to her buffing efforts, can pacify for weeks.

The little glimmer of hope shines all the brighter for the many months you enjoyed as unchanged as the clod you are.

Choose ever so carefully what crumb of hope you will feed the maw of her transformational zeal!

It must first of all, be sustainable by you, so of necessity, be easily accomplished on a regular basis, say once a month (unless an unquestionable emergency, such as a friend needing a doubles partner for tennis, should present itself).

After all, what kind of a friend would you be to ignore a friend in need over a trifle? Note: experience shows this emergency is only good for once a year.

Above all, DO NOT offer a "biggie" to her. "Biggies" immediately arouse suspicion: "What "biggie" does he want from me in return?"

"Biggies" also arouse too much hope for further advancements on the road to your personal transformation, Yes, you will only increase the pressure if you make some kind of reckless move here.

What is her goal for you? I'm told some women got together one time and shared their thoughts about what the ideal man would be like. It turns out, they had intellectually created another woman!

So give ground, my brothers, as we all inevitably do, but give it ever so slowly!

I must go now, as it's time to employ my own sage advice. Today, I will pick up my dirty sock and place it in the laundry hamper. Next week, I shall duplicate that action with the other sock.


Recognized

Author Notes
Any resemblance to my own wife of some 65 years should be, and will be denied by me.

As I told her recently, " You're smarter than me."
To which she replied, "I know."

I guess it's starting to wear off on her. :)

     

© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement