FanStory.com - The City of Love by tempeste
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
See notes and video for more insight!
The City of Love by tempeste
Seven Words or Less Poem writing prompt entry

Italy's capital, ROMA
read backwards spells
AMOR


Writing Prompt
This contest requires entrants to write a poem using seven words or less. It is designed to be concise and have impact. Can you do it?

Author Notes
As the name ROMA suggests, it's the City of Love ...AMOR ..from Latin which mean love,beloved , love affair.

The French like to think Paris is but they are delusional ( biggrin)

Roma is far more enchanting, the food by far more captivating...Roma is a city of passions.

You can't beat Ursula Ekberg inviting Marcello Mastroianni to enter The Fountain of Trevi in Roma /Rome

The Eiffel Tour is okay but it's just metal and bolts after all.



PS: If someone wants to understand this scene beyond the visually sensual effect , here is a comment I found on Internet that offers insight :


I think that if you want to really understand this scene, more than freudian studies, you need to deeply understand what was meaning to have a catholic education and an italian catholic soul. In this scene there is a woman, a nordic woman, who doesn't have respect and fear for the "monument", as a barbarian, felt as a free and genuine spirit by italians. Marcello said, "yes yes I come" as to come to the life, the real and pure life, without the impediment of the "monument", of the Church, of the Empire... I don't know if someone outside of Italy could really understand it, it is all so linked deeply in the ancient italian soul.

     

© Copyright 2024. tempeste All rights reserved.
tempeste has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement