FanStory.com - Alone in the Darkby Raul1
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Contest Entry
Alone in the Dark by Raul1
The Dark writing prompt entry

Carl can't go anywhere because it is dark. He doesn't see anything and moves wherever he can go, where there might be an essance of light. There is no light, and he keeps bumping into everything. His feet and knees hurt. The night challenges him to try to live like this. How could Carl ever have a life of this sort?

He remembers what his dad told him to do things by himself. Carl finally finds the stairs, climbs up, starts to touch the door, and quickly falls to his bed asleep.

He feels the comfort. Finally, he doesn't worry about the dark. Right now, it is his friend. Darkness can sometimes be your guide, even if you don't realize it. But don't trust it all the time. In other times it can be your enemy. In carl's case it is a little bit of both.


Writing Prompt
Write a story where your character is stuck in complete darkness. Fiction only.

     

© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement