FanStory.com - Unspoken words.by write hand blue
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A supernatural fiction story.
Unspoken words. by write hand blue
Flash Fiction contest entry

His wife Susan, sat opposite him at the breakfast table. She'd been crying, he could tell by her puffy red eyes and her serious manner. He had learned a lot about his wife in sixty years, and he found this difficult.

He looked straight into her eyes, "It's alright my dear, I know, yes I know."

She didn't answer him. So, he placed his hand towards her halfway across the table. She didn't respond, anyway, he left his hand there for a minute, just in case.

"If there's anything . . ?" He spoke the unspoken to someone who knew him better than anyone alive.

"Yes, I do understand why you don't want to reply. You are quite right to be mad at me for leaving you this way, on your own. Believe me, I'm so sorry, I didn't want to leave you like this yesterday morning, when I died."

***

Author Notes
by Melvyn Lumb. . . 150 words counted, excluding title.

     

© Copyright 2024. write hand blue All rights reserved.
write hand blue has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement