FanStory.com - Electric Shock in a FLASHby Elizabeth Emerald
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Charity can be costly
Electric Shock in a FLASH by Elizabeth Emerald
Artwork by MoonWillow at FanArtReview.com

Six weeks ago, my friend Scott got an early-early bird Christmas present in the form of a striking red-haired woman, Janice.

A friend of Scott's, Mrs. Barr, conspired with Janice to fix them up.

There was a catch; Janice lived in her SUV and was in search of warmer quarters for the winter. Mrs. Barr, resisting the temptation to welcome Janice into her spacious three-bedroom house, generously offered up Scott's cramped place in its stead.

Scott took her in for a week, during which Janice left clothing strewn throughout "her" room and odd -- as in strange! -- items on the kitchen table. 

This arrangement wasn't working for Scott. He compromised by offering his parking space for overnight camping. He ran an extension cord out the window so that Janice could enjoy the comfort of a space heater.

Janice has availed herself of the convenience for a month now, and expects to continue thus through the winter. She assured Scott that the surplus electricity would cost "him" only about $25 per month.

Scott got the bill this morning; it was $160 higher than his average.

Recognized

Author Notes
Sahara by MoonWillow on FanArtReview.com THANK YOU!

     

© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement