FanStory.com - Editor's Day in Hellby Elizabeth Emerald
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Site got possessed by demons!
Editor's Day in Hell by Elizabeth Emerald
Artwork by Angelheart at FanArtReview.com

Two days ago, I was "hired" as an editor on a writing site that is beyond desperate for volunteers.

I've enjoyed the editing process per se. Wednesday, I tackled a poem rife with thees and thous. Thank you, Google for the pronouns; and thank you, Helen (lyenochka) for the verbs.

Yesterday, I tackled a stupendous story, "Choices," by StoryLand's Theodore (Tim) McDowell, who publishes on that site (medium.com).

I made (few!) editing suggestions (one of which was unwarranted) via the online citation system. When Tim went to tackle them, the notes had disappeared from the text to which they pertained.

We had to rereread the (looong) story to find the phrases that needed to be addressed. When we finally homed in on them, the system would not let us amend the text.

Mercifully, the demons departed during the night.

Tim and I prevailed; his story got published this afternoon.

Fame awaits.






 

Recognized

Author Notes
When you wish upon the stars by Angelheart on FanArtReview.com THANK YOU! RIP

     

© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement