FanStory.com - Crazy Dates 4by Bill Schott
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a two-hundred-word story
Crazy Dates 4 by Bill Schott


It was a strange time between wives. I realize now that I was probably dealing with some PTSD effects, which were taking me down a rabbit hole. I had returned from a traumatic time in Beirut a few months earlier to find that my wife had left me and abandoned our son with the neighbors.

Sitting on a bar stool, I was approached by a relatively young woman. She had been over-served and was trolling for a ride home.

I can only imagine that I viewed this exchange as something occurring outside myself, and I agreed to give her a ride.

The next morning, I woke up in my bed alone. This was odd, since I had been sleeping on my couch for over a month.

I found a note on the counter that separated the kitchen from the living room in my double-wide mobile home. It read: OSCAR, I'M TAKING YOUR TRUCK HOME. BE BACK IN THE MORNING.

Oscar had become my alias when meeting people with whom I wasn't willing to be totally up front.

I was left wondering who had my truck, as the previous night's activities were still lost in the fog of my pickled brain.



 

     

© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement