FanStory.com - Thanksgiving Babyby lauralumummu
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I was at my grandsons home birth.
Thanksgiving Baby by lauralumummu
True Story Flash contest entry

Anxiously waiting!  At 2:30 am the phone rang. "Mom it's time," he said. Dressing quickly, we rushed over.

She was in a birthing tub in the dining room. He was comforting her, the midwife was on speaker coaching us.(What if something goes wrong I thought.)

She was crying," it hurts!" Tears came to my eyes,  "Do you see the head?" my son asked. "Yes!" I exclaimed. "It's coming!" She shouted. Reaching into the water, he placed him on her chest, holding the baby, rubbing his back," Breathe!" we shouted.  As I prayed, cry!. He hollered at 3:41, Thanksgiving morning. 

Recognized

Author Notes
Hawkly was born on Thanksgiving Oct 11 at 3:41 am, 2021 (Canadian), and my son and wife did everything, as the midwife was late. I am a retired nurse and was just amazed at the bravery of this home birth, my kids were born in a hospital with the lol, all-natural epidural.

     

© Copyright 2024. lauralumummu All rights reserved.
lauralumummu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement